PDA

View Full Version : March 27 car show in Allen, + free hockey

75coug
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
The car show in Allen at the Allen Events Center was moved to March 27 due to last weekend's weather. It takes place from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Is anyone interested in going? Here is the info, which I took from the hotrodhappenings.com site:

Allen Americans Hockey Team Final Game of the Season and Dodie's Place Sports Grill Custom Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show. Show location: 200 East Stacy Road Suite 1350 Allen Texas 75002 (map). This is going to be an amazing avent. Entry: $15.00 includes a ticket to the Allen Americans Final Game of the Season, Hockey Jersey, Dash Plaque & Special Food and Drink Discounts from Dodie's Place Sports Grill.

Allen has just built a brand new Allen Event Center. Dodie's Place will have Two Live Bands. There will be 28 Classes. Best of Show 1979 & Older Car, Best of Show 1979 & Older Truck, Best of Show 1980 & Newer Car, Best of Show 1980 & Newer Truck, Club Participation Award, Fat Cars Pick, Allen All Americans Pick, Dodie's Place Sports Grill Pick.

There will be two of the show participants vehicles chosen to drive on the hockey rink during first or second intermission. Info: call Mouse @ 940-231-9956 or Alena @ 940-391-4988. The hockey game starts at 7:30 P.M. Parking for the car chow and game will be in a secured parking garage. Security will be provided for your vehicles. Registration starts at 12:00 Noon and ends at 2:30. There will be 50/50 Tickets and Door Prizes.

nitrofish
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I planned on this last weekend when it was postponed. For anyone that hasn't been to an Americans hockey game or seen the Allen Events Center, this is a great opportunity to do so. Great venue and some fun, playoff hockey!

I wish it wasn't at the same time as Pinks. I really wanted to show and go to the game.

75coug
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
This ended up being a good show. Forty or so cars were there, with a good mix. Among the highlights were appearances by four AMCs, including two Javelins, an AMX and a Rebel.

I passed out flyers, though there were several other car show reps doing the same thing. Our flyer was by far the nicest, though, which hopefully will get us a few more attendees at Johnny B's.

75coug
04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Check it out, my Shelby GT is on craigslist. I was parked next to an El Camino at last weekend's Allen Americans show. Its owner put it up for sale on craigslist, and is using a photo that he took at the show. The front corner of the Shelby is visible. Kind of funny.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1671364566.html